SBCA introduces a new building plan approvals system.
Karachi: The Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA) has launched a new facility that will allow the authority to approve building plans within a time frame of 15 days, according to a news report. According to officials, applicants will now be able to get their documents approved through the single-window facility center of the SBCA; installed at Civic Centre, Karachi.
SBCA issues list of ‘safe’ cooperative housings schemes in Karachi
The SBCA released a notification regarding this facility for Category-I buildings. All residential plots sized between one to 300 square yards also fall under this category.
SBCA directed to vacate 382 dilapidated buildings in Karachi
To apply for these approvals, applicants are required to submit their building plans to the single-window facility center and follow the given six steps:
- Get a verification letter from the relevant land agencies, i.e, KDA, MDA, KMC, and cooperative housing societies to confirm the title, land use, and dimensions of the plots.
- Submit the building plan online at the Single Window Facility Centre and receive an acknowledgment receipt. This will be done after the payment of a scrutiny fee and pre-screening of first and last ownership documents.
- SBCA town officials will inspect the site.
- After a building is constructed, the owner will submit a notice for completion and permission for occupation through a licensed professional (an architect or building planner).
- SBCA officials shall inspect the site once again to verify the building’s compliance with the plan submitted.
- The applicant shall receive a ‘Completion Certificate’ from the SBCA